I can’t quite believe how quickly the time has flown by since our May 2010 Anne Boleyn Experience and now I am packing for the Executed Queens Tour 2011 which starts on Sunday.
I am so excited about this tour, which is a brand new one this year. We have 24 attendees from lots of different countries – the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada and the Netherlands – but we all have one thing in common, our love of Tudor history! It’s going to be so wonderful to discuss Tudor history all week, to get to know other Tudor history fans, to visit magical Tudor attractions, to stay at Hever Castle and to listen to our guest speakers and learn more about our favourite subject.
I will be doing a daily blog diary, but here us what we will be getting up to:-
- Visiting the ruins of Bradgate House, Lady Jane Grey’s family home
- Staying at the 17th century Bosworth Hall Hotel for three nights
- Visiting Sheffield Manor Lodge, once the prison of Mary Queen of Scots
- Visiting the Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre
- Staying at Hever Castle for three nights
- Exploring Hever Castle and its gardens
- Visiting the Tower of London on the anniversary of Anne Boleyn’s execution
- Visiting Hampton Court Palace
- Dining with and listening to Eric Ives, John Guy and Leanda de Lisle
Now can you understand why I am so excited!
I’m also happy that we have a few repeat attendees from last year’s tour, it’s so good to know that they enjoyed themselves.